- Performs various types of semi-skilled labor in support of fire prevention and suppression of brush and wildland fires with construction of fire line.
- Routinely cuts and removes brush from roadsides, fire roads and fuel breaks using hand and power tools.
- Performs maintenance work on Fire Department tools and equipment.
- Performs maintenance work at Fire Department facilities such as brush clearance and landscaping projects.
- Provides manual labor in other types of emergencies.
- Performs flood control activities such as filling and placing sandbags as well as debris removal.
- Limited skills and ability to: Operate hand and power tools in a safe manner.
- Some ability to: Perform a variety of maintenance tasks.
- Ability to: Work for prolonged periods performing extremely physical tasks; establish effective working relations with others and function as part of a team.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and under 25 years of age to join.
- May participate as a Cadet until 30 years of age
- Must complete and provide National Wildfire Coordinating Group certificates:
- S-130 Firefighter Safety
- S-190 Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior
- I-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System
- Successfully complete Work Capacity Test at Arduous Level.
— Find Your Station
— Fire Safety
— Medical Emergencies
— Evacuation Info
— Disaster Readiness
— Smoking Violation
— Fire Stat LA
— Los Angeles Community Resource Guide for Immigrant Angelenos