Each year, the California Firefighters Memorial Ceremony honors fallen firefighters and their families from across The Golden State, as new names are added to the Memorial Wall near our state's capitol in Sacramento, as a lasting tribute to their bravery and sacrifice in keeping California safe.
This year's ceremony on July 30, 2022 at 6:00 PM PDT, will honor 82 firefighters and their families, including ten members of the Los Angeles Fire Department, whose names will join those of more than 1,400 others who have paid the ultimate price in protecting California.
LAFD members being honored this year include:
- James W. Como (Fire Station 84, Woodland Hills)
- William R. James (Fire Station 85, Harbor City)
- Henry A. Munoz (Fire Station 107, Chatsworth)
- Jose M. Perez (Fire Station 21, South Los Angeles)
- Glen R. Phillips (Fire Station 80, Westchester / LAX)
- George R. Roque (Fire Station 97, Laurel Canyon / Mulholland)
- John E. Ruedy (Disaster Response Section)
- Ray Van Blarcom (Fire Station 69, Pacific Palisades)
- Richard W. Watson (Medical Liaison Unit)
- Donald C. Welcker (Fire Station 23, Palisades Highlands)
LAFD's Honor Guard will be present to assist with the ritual-filled public ceremony, which includes a procession of uniformed firefighters, personal tributes, and the presentation of a U.S. Flag to the families of the fallen, which will be streamed live online and later archived for viewing, as an opportunity for firefighters, families and those they proudly serve to grieve and remember together.
For more information on the California Firefighters Memorial, please visit https://www.cafirefoundation.org/programs/california-firefighters-memorial/.