The men and women of the Los Angeles Fire Department and Los Angeles Police Department warmly welcome you to join them in a local celebration of St. Baldrick's, where our sudden baldness brings hope to children with cancer.
The St. Baldrick's Foundation is a volunteer-driven charity that funds more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U.S. government.
• Worldwide every 3 minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer.
• Before they turn 20, about 1 in 285 children will have cancer.
• In the U.S. more children are lost to cancer than all other childhood diseases combined.
Please join us at Fire Station 89 on Saturday, March 21st from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm as the LAFD and LAPD once again unite to shave their heads and raise money to fight childhood cancer research. Bravely sign up as a "shavee", or be a leader and start a fire station or even a battalion team. Hesitant to shave but want to help? Please sponsor someone who is shaving their head and creating solidarity with the countless number of children who lose their hair from the cancer treatment.
Attend the event with your family and enjoy:
• A free pancake and sausage breakfast hosted by The Pancake Factory North Hollywood and Starbucks
• A Providence Blood Drive and City of Hope Bone Marrow Registration
• Fire and police apparatus (including S.W.A.T.)
• Free facepainting, balloon artists, and Magic Castle magicians for the kids
• Toys and prizes for all the kids in attendance
• Silent auction, local celebrities/media/sponsors, refreshments/snacks and much, much more!
— Find Your Station
— Fire Safety
— Medical Emergencies
— Evacuation Info
— Disaster Readiness
— Smoking Violation
— Fire Stat LA
— Los Angeles Community Resource Guide for Immigrant Angelenos