Update Hazardous Materials 02/01/2023 INC#1548

Update Hazardous Materials; INC#1548; 09:50PM; 601 E Venice Bl; https://bit.ly/3l2Nsv5; #Venice; After obtaining a better view of the inside of the vehicle (despite condensation on the windows obstructing their view), firefighters discovered that the reported propane inside the vehicle was coming from small camping-style propane bottles. While the exact circumstances are unknown, it *appears* to have been an unhoused man (approx 70 years old) who was trying to stay warm in an enclosed space (propane-powered heat lamp) and, sadly, succumbed to accidental asphyxiation (oxygen displaced by leaking propane). There was no fire involved in this incident.; FS 63; Batt 4; West Bureau; Council District 11; BC4 E263 E295 E95 JT1 RA63 SQ95 T63 T95; CH7; 13; Nicholas Prange