LAFD PUBLIC ASSEMBLAGE UNIT OVERSIGHT
- Issue special permits for special events, tents, vehicles in public assemblages, fire performers and open flames, as well as special effects pyrotechnics.
- Provide over-the-counter consultations for plan check and event approval where appropriate.
- Review and approve plans for trade shows, fireworks display, circus tents, conventions, exhibits, street fairs or festivals, special effects displays, special gatherings, change of use and live audience shows.
- Conduct code enforcement inspections to insure fire/life safety and exiting requirements are enforced.
- Train, test, certify and supervise all Certified Public Assemblage Inspector Reserves (CPAIR).
- Establish and enforce occupancy load limitations in public assemblage occupancies.
- Serve as liaison with the City, County, State, Federal and private agencies in regards to special events and special effects pyrotechnics.
- Maintain a work force during evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide safety enforcement at time when life hazards are normally most serve.
- Meet and coordinate with Bureau of Street Services (BOSS), Los Angeles Department Building and Safety (LADBS), Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) and Department of Traffic (DOT).
- Prepare illegal Public Assemblage closures reports for submittal to the Legal Unit and City Attorney Office resulting from noncompliance with codes and regulations.
- Application for Special Action or Project Permit (Fillable PDF)
- Candle Permit (Fillable PDF)
- Plot Plan Instructions
- Special Event General Requirements
- Special Event Procedures
- Special Permit for Temporary Cooking (Fillable PDF)
- UFSO Direct Pre-Payment (Fillable PDF)
- Bureau of Street Services (BOSS)
- Harbor Department - City of Los Angeles Port Police
- Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (LADBS)
- Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks - Park Film Office
- Los Angeles Police Department Special Events Unit (SEPU)
- Los Angeles City Department of Finance
- Office of the State Fire Marshal Motion Picture & Entertainment Unit
Captain I - Scott Miller
Inspector II - (229) - John Benn
Inspector I - (211) - Dennis Clay
Inspector I - (212) - Mario Pinel
Inspector I - (213) - James Fisher
Inspector I - (214) - Eugene Andrews
Inspector I - (221) - Aaron Walker
Inspector I - (222) - Alan Babin
Inspector I - (223) - Patricia Ramirez
Inspector I - (224) - Howard Love
Inspector I - (225) - John Williams
Inspector I - (261) - Alex Molina
Inspector I - (263) - Dennis Clemmons
Inspector I - (264) - Paul Jordan
Senior Clerk Typist - Katey Zamora
Metro, Hollywood, West LA and Harbor
(213) 978 - 3650 or (213) 978 - 3640
San Fernando Valley
(818) 374 - 1110
— Find Your Station
— Fire Safety
— Medical Emergencies
— Evacuation Info
— Disaster Readiness
— Smoking Violation
— Fire Stat LA
— Los Angeles Community Resource Guide for Immigrant Angelenos