For CPRA Requests Submit to LACITY.NEXTREQUEST.COM
Please make sure to select the Department as "Fire Department (CPRA request only)" or it will not be submitted to our department.
Requests for fire department records are processed by the department’s Risk Management Section Records Unit.
LAFD Records Unit
201 North Figueroa Street Suite 1250
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 202-9880
The Records Unit is responsible for the following records:
- Subpoenas (with the exception of EMS records)
- Personal appearances of LAFD members for criminal cases. NO FEE
- Personal appearances, LAFD members. FEE: $275.00
- Subpoenas for LAFD records (except EMS). FEE: $15.00 deposit
- Fire Incident Reports (except EMS related incidents) $5.50
- Please provide the date and location of incident
- By Mail
- Please provide the date, location, contact information, stamped self-addressed envelope with a $5.50 check payable to "The Los Angeles Fire Department"
- Fire Investigation Reports (case must be closed and will require release from Arson Investigator)
- Please call to confirm status prior to request at the phone number listed above
- By Mail
- Please provide the date, location, contact information, stamped self-addressed envelope
- Media request must be made to the CLO’s Office by emailing email@example.com