The California Public Records Act requires public agencies to provide access to public records held by the Los Angeles Fire Department CUPA. Requests may be made for records regarding inspections, investigations, statistical data, policies, reports, etc. Certain information, such as names of complainants, personal medical information, and records regarding ongoing litigation will not be released pursuant to the California Public Records Act and various privacy rules.
Please note the CalEPA Regulated Site Portal combines data regarding environmental regulated facilities located throughout the state of California into a single, searchable database, including an interactive map. The portal provides information related to the following activities: hazardous materials and waste, state and federal cleanups, impacted ground and surface waters, and toxic materials. Access to this portal is free of charge.
INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCESS ADDITIONAL PUBLIC RECORDS:
Prior to submitting a request for Fire Prevention CUPA related Records, please utilize the following lists of regulated facilities who have active, non-active, or archived historical files of underground storage tanks; and/or hazardous materials to determine if the Los Angeles City Fire Department CUPA has documentation pertaining to the address you are requesting.
If the address you are searching for is not located within the active or inactive lists or underground storage tank historical file list, the Los Angeles City Fire Department CUPA does not have any documentation pertaining to that address. Please do not submit a public record request if the address you are searching for is not found on the lists below.
The following information are required to be completed on the Request for Information Form.
1. Facility ID (FA Number) and/or Auto ID Number
2. Site address (Only one per request form)
3. Type of records being requested (i.e. Hazardous Materials (HM) or Underground Storage Tank (UST)).
The Request for Information Form must be attached to the NextRequest inquiry. Once a request is submitted, documents can be attached. Incomplete requests will not be accepted by Los Angeles City Fire Department CUPA.
Underground Storage Tank:
Public Records Requests
If you would like to request public records from the Los Angeles Fire Department CUPA, please follow the instructions below:
- Search for the facility or address for which you are requesting information by accessing the lists of active and non-active CUPA regulated facilities in Los Angeles City using the above links.
- If the facility is found on the databases listed above, take note of the facility ID/Auto ID and type of files available (Hazardous Materials or Underground Storage Tanks) as you are required to indicate the type of files you are requesting. Be advised that multiple site addresses listed on the records request form will be rejected. Address ranges will not be processed. Only one site address per request form is allowed.
- If the address you are requesting is listed on any of the searchable lists and you would still like to request information, please access the records request link to submit your request: https://lacity.nextrequest.com/. Make sure to attach the required Request for Information Form. Your records request will not be processed if the required Request for Information Form is not provided. Please also include a contact number and email in the appropriate fields for payment and retrieval of files.
You will be notified of the appropriate steps to retrieve files. Be advised that all records requests are subject to a fee of $11.00.
Please remember only five (5) requests per person/company per day.